Friday, March 26, 2010

The difficult road back to life



Dusseldorf - tightrope artist John Trotter, Jr. (23) and former Formula 1 driver Alessandro Zanardi (40). Two people who have managed to return after a serious blow to jump into life.
Signed, but not broken. On Wednesday, they were guests at the opening of RehaCare. As an encouragement. As an example of how to cope with fate.
The Trotting wonder: On 21 May 2006 crash Johann Traber Jr., the reopening of hamburgers from a high-wire Virgin jetty 40 meters in depth. Fractured skull, brain hemorrhage, coma. Father John: "The doctors told me that if he survived, he probably be a basket case forever. The no-longer get to his feet. "
On Wednesday, nearly 16 months later, Trotter Jr. stands in the exhibition Hall 6 Together with his father John and mother Mary-Vera. A little stiff in the legs. Not quite the master of his language. But full of optimism: "There was a time when I really wanted to live any more. Since I wanted to kill me. But then I knew: I need to back up onto the rope. Down here it's too boring! "
 Back on the rope - it dared to think outside of him not to. Father John: "Like. He was like a baby. Running, he had to learn to eat, drink, go to the toilet. "Therapy every day. Each day, between hope and despair. The father: "But when he then has spoken for the first time, my wife and I cried with happiness."
For the doctors, the rapid recovery of the artist of a miracle. Trotter, Jr.: "For us, too. My dad will build a chapel. I pray every night, thank God. But I did not leave his work alone. I have fought way back into life. "In early May, together with his father John was again on the high wire. His goals: "In one year alone, the tightrope and start a family."
The race wonder: Alex Zanardi - the images of his horror accident in 2001 to the Lausitzring went around the world. With over 320 km / h on a Rennkollege crashes into his car. Tear it into two parts. Zanardi survived just barely, losing both legs.
Only 16 months later he's back in a special race car. The gas at the wheel, takes down a gear, a brake with his prostheses - and re-runs of victory. Zanardi: "My courage and my passion for racing were much too large, as that I would have given up."
At the fair yesterday, he presented a disabled BMW Z4 Coupe: "Disabled people should not stop, drive nice cars. This car can be controlled with a single joystick. Fantastic. "PS: This is completely disabled the car but then do not. A wheelchair does not fit into it.